Monday 18 January 2010

An ill-fated foray into the bewildering world of overpriced beauty products


So I just tried out my new Frederic Fekkai Au Naturel shampoo. Hmm. Usually his products are a delight and this one, being free from the twin evils of sulphates and parabens (seriously, not a clue what they are), should have been extra wonderful. In actuality, not so much. Turns out you need some of those parabens and at least a handful of sulphates if you actually want to clean your hair! I won't go into details but lets just say my hair was involuntarily left looking like Kurt Cobain's after a 3 day heroin binge ten minutes before I had to leave for school. Not even my trusty Philip B Shin Shine spray could rescue the perilous situation atop of my head. But it does smell like green tomatoes so, y'know, silver lining and all.

No comments: